Monday, February 20, 2017

Generally a "good" day

I slept well and felt great yesterday.  This doesn't happen often, as my sleep pattern is very poor, especially when David's sleep apnea kicks in.  I think we're going to look into getting him some help for that.

My computer has been acting up lately.  My "geek" advised that sometimes, with Windows 10, it doesn't completely shut down, but rather remains active in the background, even when turned off.  He suggested that the solution might be to turn it off, unplug it, and remove the battery for a few minutes. We tried that, but, had difficulty removing the battery, and suddenly the little tab on the machine to release the battery popped off. So, couldn't get the battery back in, and could only open the computer if it was plugged in.  Bit the bullet and took it in.  Surprise!  This is considered a "hardware" problem, and we have a warrantee to cover it!  Only--it has to be sent away to Toronto, for awhile.  And I would probably lose everything I have stored on the computer.  So, I decided that most of the stuff I have stored in my Windows Live Mail storage files will become redundant by the end of May, and the warrantee is good until November 2018.  I will send it away at the end of May.  But, he showed me how to save these particular storage files.  ( I would have had to pay him quite a bit to save them for me)  That is done, and I could send it away anytime, now, but I have a few downloads that I want to save as well.  So, I have my computer, I have my files, and the hardware repair can be done anytime.

I found out Friday that my class March 4th is a go with 6 students.  I much prefer a smaller class, as I don't have to repeat demonstrations 2-3 times, and we can cover a lot more things.  So,  I have put together all of the kits that I supply, and I have  finished the review/ revision of my handouts.  I have modified both the class demos and handout to tailor it more to the audience's interests.  A big job done. There is one more sample to make, which I hope to start on today.

There is also a travelling teacher coming in April, and I managed to get into one of her classes.  I haven't taken a workshop in years!  But I'm going to do it now.  In some ways this is a reward for a year of a healthier lifestyle and the result of a healthier body.  The doctor put me on a somewhat newer medication as of last Wednesday, and I have only taken Tylenol once since then, and am walking and moving quite nicely, even without the cane.  I also feel good.  Although, I have to wonder if the beautiful weather has anything to do with that. It's been above zero for several days, but the forecast is back into the deep freeze by Wednesday of this week.

Glad your little plants are doing well, Beth.  Some warm weather won't hurt them, and may help with the Hydro bills.  The snow and ice is fast disappearing here, as well.  But, of course, it's Festival du Voyager week!  Doesn't it usually thaw about this time of year?  It used to be called a "Bonspiel Thaw", but more recently I've heard it called the " Festival Thaw".  

Well, checking the time, I'm surprised at how late it's getting, and I'm still in my nightie, drinking my breakfast tea.  My Tuesday Stitchers are coming tomorrow, and I have a house to clean up.


No comments:

Post a Comment