Saturday, February 25, 2017

Reacting to stress

We all have different ways of dealing with stress. I have found strength in recognizing and accepting my coping mechanisms.  I'm also starting to identify my behaviours that are really disguised sabotage of my dieting, and stress reductions mechanisms.  I have found found added strength is saying, "okay, I know why I did that", and then trying to identify the stressor that lead to the behaviour, before it happens again.  Am I always successful?  Not bloody likely!  But making the effort even half the time, helps me to make it again--next time.  So Beth, I allow you your doughnuts, and raise you the half pizza I had for supper tonight.  You recognize the anxiety that comes with your water issues, and acknowledge that it will happen again.  Try for only one doughnut next time, or indulge in a cup of your special tea--still oral stimulation, but more socially acceptable.  Still there will be some days when only a doughnut will do the trick--or pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment