Saturday, February 25, 2017

Wonderful

A quick look at the blog before starting the usual nightly roundup. There you are Pati......sweater and all. How amazing to see you in all your glory.  I am so proud of your accomplishments. How happy you must be. And it is all worth the efforts you have put forth - often under some duress I am sure.  Have a good visit with your ATC group tomorrow.
Mike and Erin called this afternoon and we are invited to visit and have chosen March 11 to go - there are now conflicts with my commitment to take Daisy to Church every Sunday so it pretty much has to be a Saturday.  I shall look forward to this visit very much.
Well, last night was an "all nighter" for me with a horrendous thunderstorm and terrific lightening from about 6 pm to about 2 am, accompanied by torrential rains. I could not keep up with the water accumulation at all corners of the house and at the front - out in the dark trying to shovel and trough to take some of the water away. I finally gave up and went to bed at 2 am and was up again by 6 to shovel again. The worst part of it all was the poor dog who goes crazy in a storm - had to be pampered all the while I was trying to work outside - with a flash light as my only beacon in the dark. I do not know why these untoward events occur but I have to respond so might as well do it without breaking down completely.  haha!  So I ate two custard cream donuts, and ate all the rest of my Christmas chocolates that I had been rationing.  I am ashamed to have done it but at the time it seemed like a good idea.
So long for now - hope tonight proves a bit more restful.  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment