Monday, January 25, 2010

Be - Good to hear that Loren is on his way home

I am following your messages, and it gives me a chill to hear of those things that happen when we least expect them ie the less than routine surgery and recovery period for Loren (not to mention the actual fall that necessitated all of the subsequent interventions)
Still thinking about him, and of course, how you and Dave are hanging in there??? When I mentioned "roles" I really thought of my life "in general" as opposed to anything new, but then every days seems to bring its own challenges. When compounded, it all becomes a bit overwhelming.
Today, I saw the Eye Physician & Surgeon as his door plate so announced his title. I was pleasantly surprised - he reminded me of a little elf, but a good little elf. Funny how we get an impression in our minds of what someone may look like, and then are blown totally when we actually see them! Very precise and explicit in his explanations to me but very reassuring in his Dx and Tx. Apparently I am just taking longer to recover - some take only up to a year, and some may take 2 to 3 years. My eyes are in good health, however, I still have "tension" on the retina and the vitreous gel still has liquid flowing through it which is causing my flashing light symptoms. It is possible that my right eye may also tear at some point but I won't think about that now. My major complaint of blurring is a combination of long standing cataracts that are getting worse, and extreme dry eye syndrome. So I must pour the drops in and perhaps it will relieve the constant pain. Lets hope....
We had a heat wave yesterday and today, bringing with it rain and melting - I worry about water coming in which it has done on previous occasions ( we need a new roof) but all seems OK now and the temps have dropped and we are getting snow. I believe we are in for a touch of your snow storms but not as much as I hear reported from your location.
Anyway, no reading for me tonight although my pupils are now beginning to decrease in size from the dilation process - do you ever look weird eh? or on drugs or something? Tomorrow its up to North Bay for violin again - I don't know why I go lately as I never have time to practice.
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment