Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Home Truths

yesterday brought home to me how old I'm getting and how out of shape I really am. We got Loren home and then set out to get the equipment he's going to need. We left him about 1:30 and headed for St. Vital Centre for the book store, London Drugs and WalMart. (Silly us thinking that London Drugs might be the place to buy home care equipment!) A lot of fuss and bother in WalMart only to discover that they didn't really have the bath seat we needed, although there was one on the shelf ( bolted down-not for sale). Now, the three stores are on opposite ends of the mall, and we made several trips. I was exhausted and had to sit down in McDonald's and rest--and eat french fries--they were so-o-o good. Then it was off to Kildonan Place, where after quite awhile one was found in the back store room. I came home and went to bed.
Now, I need to figure out what I can do about not having the energy for an afternoon's shopping. I didn't do as much biking I should have this summer, and I haven't been going to aquacizes this winter because of the cost . However, come March I'll be eligible for Senior's rates, although I'll probably also need a bathing suit!
So, this afternoon David may head over to Loren's to be in the house while he has a bath--a good safety measure. Hopefully, I can stay at home as the next couple of days will be busy. I get a temporary bridge tomorrow, and won't have this hole in the front of my face. And the "Housework Fairy" hasn't been able to get here with the bad weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment