Saturday, January 30, 2010

Be - Deep freeze

So, we are now in the deep freeze - always know what to expect by listening to the Manitoba weather - sure enough 2 to 3 days later it will hit us.
I wanted to see last night the full moon and Mars as the moon was close to earth and Mars as well and both could have been seen with naked eye. But when I took the dog out for her last go at it, it was too cold to spend any time staring into space. I saw the moon earlier this morning in the southern sky but could not catch a glimpse of Mars. I keep thinking of your place Cathy and how beautifully dark it is to gaze up into the skies. I remember the night we lay on our backs behind the house - but that wasn't the trip in May where we were snowed in for three days haha
Today is Hockey Day in Canada and since it will be broadcast on CBC from noon on, I guess that is what I will be watching. I try to find something productive to do while I sit there. Last week I knit a scarf - I didn't need another scarf but I had found two balls of soft wool so thought it would put in time to knit it up. I have also being going through paperwork and memorabilia saved religiously over the last few decades which I am now shredding for the compost pile, or just chucking. All of my precious personal Nursing stuff is now going. I also got the reply from the College this week confirming my resignation - it was so "final" seeing it in writing on official letterhead. Oh well...
I am anxious to hear how your kids are doing - is Loren making some progress in his recovery? The other night Harry was grazing on the computer and went into Facebook and started to converse with Kris, Cathy - I didn't contribute as I don't much like all that stuff and try to avoid participation. I shy away from personal interactions on the internet knowing it is all seeing and all knowing from anyone looking. I am always so afraid just to check my bank accounts but need to do this on a regualr basis and have sort of resigned myself to doing it online trusting it is confidential and secure but knowing anything on the computer can be in jeopardy.
So take care all, and hope everyone is managing to get through this cold January weather. Let us know how your teaching sessions go Patty.

No comments:

Post a Comment