Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tough decision

Pati hereI feel for you Beth. At the same time I worry about you, or anyone else, who might end up isolated without a vehicle. We always have the option of taking a bus--however weird and scary that might be. We really tried to minimize our car use during the summer of 2008, when the gas prices went crazy--and found we just couldn't do it. I hope you've looked into giving up the lease and buying a different car. The prices of small cars have dropped dramatically recently--maybe even less than what you lease contract calls for??

It was so good to talk to you both, yesterday. After I phoned I was off to a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Manitoba Crafts Museum and Library. Usually we meet in the Library, but with the Torch Run tying up all of downtown, the meeting was quickly changed to--hold your breath--the workshop of the husband of the curator--which just happens to be a converted garage on Seven Oaks Avenue--near the river. Complete with a space heater and some lawn chairs. David had suggested that I take a tv table, just in case, and I'm glad I did. It actually worked well, as everyone was more relaxed and willing to express their true feelings--something that has been needed for awhile. My term of the Board ends next month, and I think it's time. I'm looking forward to some time off from volunteer commitments.

No comments:

Post a Comment