Monday, January 25, 2010

Waiting game

Loren is still not great, but doing much better. He's still in hospital ( originally had expected to get out last Friday) We were up for a couple of minutes yesterday, but he was feeling nauseous, and generally not wanting to "entertain" us, so it was a short visit. He's off the oxygen, and no more catheter, so I have to guess he's able to walk as far as the bathroom, although there was a w/c near his bed. He's now in a 4-bed ward where they have better technological capacity to monitor respiratory problems. We'll try to get in again today, unless he calls to let us know he's getting out.

Which new role are you assuming, Beth, or did you just mean in your life in general, with retirement? Had missed you here over the last little while, and I wondered what was happening, or if maybe you were just a little under the weather.

The family didn't come for dinner yesterday, and we were a little grateful with the lousy weather we've been having--another 15cm of snow predicted for today. But this meant that I was watching tv in the evening and stumbled on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. This is the third series they've done, and I think they've really hit the bottom of the barrel in terms of the people they're finding--but that didn't stop me from watching. Addictions are terrible things, be they drugs and alcohol --or-- reality tv.

My class on Saturday was "interesting". Only three students showed up- and David had to go and pick oneof those up- because of the weather, and two of them were really off and running pretty fast. The third one had never done anything like this before, and was -hopefully--more like the students I'll have in Regina. The Museum, that sponsored the event, sent the student they've hired, to act as class assistant for the day. I didn't need much assistance with just three students, and she ended up painting too. Day two is next Saturday, and I think we'll be having fun. The Museum has been struggling with their programming for as long as I've been involved. This year they received a grant to fund exploration of other ways of organising workshops etc., and hiring this student is part of the grant. She is young and enthusiastic, and I believe that this work is part of her studies--but don't ask me how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment