Sunday, January 3, 2010

Home for a day

We survived the Levy. As I expected there was lots of food. They put it out again yesterday and, of course, I ate more. I did come away with a recipe for a really wonderful soft ginger cookie. You can tell that the weight loss challenge starts tomorrow. I made fried chicken wings this morning for the freezer and we each at 6 for breakfast I put the wing tips in a small pot for stock. I am going to try to make some kind of tomato soup this seek. I have lots of frozen tomatoes, and we both like tomato soup. I'll let you know if it works. Not much got done on the kitchen this weekend. I hope it speeds up. I offered to take a week off work and help, but Jim didn't seem interested. I guess he just wants to work on his own at his own pace. It is a bit awkward with all of the dishes and stuff piled on and under a table in the living room. I have Friday off work and we are both headed to Brandon to see Kris carry the torch. I hope we can get some good pictures. Everything is timed to the second, so he may not be able to pose for his "fan club". It's snowing here again. It seems it is either really cold or snowing. Next week sounds good, though (until they change the forecast) If we are not going to do any work today, I may try to get Jim to watch a movie with me. We have a couple that we haven't watched. Jim hasn't been in the mood for a comedy lately and they are supposed to be funny (supposed being the key word) Rehearsals start next week. I am prompter, so I will have to be at all of them. Two nights a week for 4 months. And there are meetings on top of that. Next week I will be home only on Wednesday! I do it by choice, so I can't really complain. It's just when all of them happen at once. Time to go and look at my kitchen and decide that I can't do anything so I may as well sit and read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment