Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quiet times-yes

Pati here.
I don't know why. I'm not really feeling well, but neither am I sick. Bl-a-a-h, is all I can say. time of year and weather maybe. I know that with the changing weather, every muscle and joint in my body aches. Yes, it was a good meeting Monday evening. They didn't leave until around 10:00, which is as late a meeting as we've ever had.

Yesterday was four meetings back to back from 10:30 on. I shouldn't have gone to the the first 3, which were at the Crafts Museum. With my term being up in February, I'm becoming less inhibited in what I say. The 4th meeting was of my Tuesday night stitching group that meets on Wednesday afternoon. One of the ladies, the one I feel closest to, announced that her husband has been diagnosed with acute leukemia. This couple is about our age, and this poor man has already been through serious prostate cancer--to the point that the gov't sent him to the States for treatment. He had been considered "cured" of that, but now this has occured. One of the other ladies, herself a cancer survivor, then told us of ther six year battle with her husband's disease. She said that they knew that he was incurable, and so every treatment he received--sometimes 4-5/ week, was experimental, because he had a very rare form of cancer. Thank Goodness one of the group members was away, as I know she went through uterine cancer last fall, and at that point, I really didn't want to hear another war story. I see a doctor Tuesday to find out the results of the diagnostic mammogram I had in September. I think I told you that I was confident there was no problem, having heard nothing, until third week in December they called and said that it was really important that the doctor see me about it. Apparently no-one had reviewed the results before then. And my dental work is scheduled for this morning. Then it will be at least 10 days before the hole in the front of my face is filled--and I'm teaching next Saturday. Gee--maybe I'm a little depressed, rather than blaming the weather.

In any case, my plans for the weekend are to stay home and sulk--or maybe sew. I don't want to start anything new, until I'm really sure my classes for May are ready to go, but I'm sure I can find some unfinished projects to putter around with. If not, there are still a couple of class samples to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment