Sunday, March 18, 2018

And here I am.....

Sitting after just finishing breakfast with my Duchess mug and tea--reading your blog Beth.  I do confess that I took a short side trip to see the quilt you spoke of on TQS daily blog.  Sort of a sad trip, as it made me remember that there was a time when I could have done the same sort of work, and thought nothing of it.  This was sort of on my mind, as I had spent yesterday doing something I can't remember having done before--I joined a work party at the local quilters' guild, held right after a regular meeting. In conversation over lunch, with an very long time friend of our Aunt Lorraine,  we spoke of what we are working on, and I was musing about how to do some very simple embroidery on a hanging I'm in the process of planning. She remembered, as did I, how Lorraine and I used to teach this sort of thing--and here I am trying to figure how how to adapt the simplest of task, to my new reality.  The up side of this, is that I have the experience and skill to do just that, and I think I had it figured out fairly quickly.

The work party itself was a learning experience.  What I learned was to keep my mouth shut about anything "arty".  These ladies are so very, very traditional that they firmly subscribe to the idea that there is one correct way to do things--period--no discussion.  Right now I'm looking for some sort of low demand social input/output.  This isn't it.  I will continue to attend meetings, and contribute to certain things, but back off a bit about getting too involved.


Things are getting warmer here.  The snow is going quickly, and most of the streets are dry--full of car swallowing pot holes, but dry.  There was one nasty pot hole close to the home, on Munroe, that they have now dug up and left protected with barricades for the weekend.  While they were digging, everyone, including buses was detoured a block north down a very narrow old street with snow piles and parked cars.  What a zoo!

Well, tea's gone.  I need to make more.  David is still sleeping, so I don't want to make too much noise--maybe I can slip downstairs and do some sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment