Friday, March 2, 2018

Change in plans

The ladies who will be helping to hang our show in Neepawa were quite concerned about the nasty weather forecast for Monday.  So, after consultation with Rrain, and frantic e-mails between myself and the three ladies, our trip is being postponed until Wednesday.  Considering this, I contacted the motel in Neepawa to change my reservation.  After much discussion and growing frustration, I discovered that, originally, he had put me down for February 5 rather than March 5th, as I had requested.  When I didn't show up, he billed me as a "no show".  Now, this gentleman neither speaks nor understands English well.  It's obviously not his first language, so I don't think I'm the one who made a mistake here.  But I kept my "cool", and have been promised that I will not be charged for my stay on March 7th.  We've stayed at this motel before without difficulty, but I will think twice before going there again in future.  I tend to believe that the ownership and/or management has changed since our last trip, as communication was certainly not an issue last time.

Unfortunately, Cathy, this means that we won't be able to spend your birthday with you.   The opportunity to spend birthdays together happens so seldom, that it's a shame to lose this one.  But, do you think there might be a chance we could share a meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment