Saturday, March 24, 2018

The concert in one word--LOUD!

It was a new experience for both of us, and, for the most part, quite enjoyable. Neither of us had ever seen the venue before, but our seats were good, in the center section, about 2/3 of the way up. Most of the crowd were around our age-not a surprise.   It was a just as he described his music--Prairie Rock.  There was a light show with it, limited to the stage area.  In the foyer there was a table selling t-shirts and cd's, washrooms and a huge --read huge and long--bar.  Yes, we were able to take drinks in with us and the seats came with cup holders.  As expected there were stories for most of the Guess Who and Bachman Turner Overdrive songs, but not with the few George Harrison songs--and there were not as many of those as I had expected. The concert was about two hours, without an intermission.  I read the "review" in this morning's paper, and it was just, more of less, a listing of what songs they played, so I saw no point in cutting it out to send you Beth.  The same with the cd's--pricey, and just the music, no commentary.  I was impressed with the fellow who did most of the lead vocals--very good--and while he was introduced, I couldn't hear who he was.  But everyone on stage contributed to the singing, to a certain extent.  I have to say that I was ready for it to be over toward the end, mainly because of the noise.  We didn't get home until going up 2:00am, so today will be a quiet day.  Both in terms of activity and noise.  Our ears need a rest.

Earlier in the day, Amber was over to help with our taxes.  I pay a little, and David gets a little more back.  All good.  In chatting, she said that my income is higher, which was a surprise to me, as I had always thought that David's military pension made his a little higher. After the job was done, we sat and chatted for over an hour--a good experience.  I miss those chats we used to have when she was able to come over more often.  Also a little sad, as I miss those chats we used to have when she was able to come over more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment