Friday, March 30, 2018

Easter weekend

It seems a really slow process to get us to this weekend and to get us into Spring and Summer. or maybe it is just me? I can see the snow disappearing gradually and the streets becoming clear and the days are longer but still I wish for a little faster return to Summer. I am anxious to get out and enjoy the yard (work notwithstanding haha!) I am eyeing all the sand covering the streets and knowing that soon I shall have to sweep some up and fill boxes ready for next Winter.  I exhausted the boxes I prepared last year already - it has been that kind of Winter with melts and freezes and lots of icey conditions.
We will be getting ready to go to Mikes on Sunday. I have a few boxes of items for him. and then the food we will take. We are going to hit the road early so that Harry can get the roast into the oven at Mikes early.  I do not think Mike thought much of an early arrival even though we told him to stay in bed and sleep in ( we could sneak in on our own) but he says "no, I'll get up and get the coffee on" Once again I look forward to this visit.
I spent time yesterday tieing up tomatoes and moving them around in the little greenhouse - as they grow taller I have to move them to accommodate the leaves growing. Otherwise they become stillted - is that a word? Anyway there are too many as usual and now some are making their way into the sun room. I may have to move out if they start to invade my bedroom haha!
My best wishes to all as we celebrate Easter.  I hope you have a pleasant and relaxing weekend. Enjoy!  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment