Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Out and about

When I said we were planning to stay home until Wednesday, I forgot about our dental appointments today.  Now my teeth are clean, and David has no more cavities.  We're also a little poorer.  The dentist has recommended that we cancel our dental insurance with Sun Life ( through David's military pension), and look into Blue Cross.  He believes we might find better coverage and lower premiums.  Might be good advice.

Travelling around the city turned out to be fine.  I gave us about 50 minutes to get to the dentist at Corydon and Kenaston, but we were there in less than 25 minutes.  All of the main streets and bus routes are clear, and they're working on residential streets and back lanes tonight.  It may help that the temperature has remained hovering around 0 degrees, and the snow is melting quickly.  We stopped in at the library, on the way home, so that we both have a book to read in bed tomorrow night.  I just hope that the motel hasn't screwed up again, and that we have somewhere to sleep tonight.  With him billing my little credit card, last month, I may have had to pay a surcharge for being over my credit limit.

When we used to go away for weekends, at the drop of a hat, we would pack and leave in minutes.  Now that we're not so used to travelling, it's taken us three days to pack, what with writing lists etc. We even went through the fuss of things like planning car washes--one before we left and one when we get home.

Now to wash some clothes, so that they can be packed.  Craziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment