Friday, March 2, 2018

Your Scenic view

What a nice daily view from your front window Pati - to see the Church sign to brighten your day. That Church has been a source of many exciting events in your life over the years hasn't it?
So as you prepare Pati and Dave to venture to Neepawa Monday take care on the roads. Hope your setup at the Centre will go well. And more importantly. hope that you all get together to celebrate Cathy's Birthday. I shall be with you all in spirit.
Here I watch the weather closely as well. Yesterday I went to the Hardware and bought two long stove pipes. These are to be used to try to divert water coming from the downspouts off the eaves. Most of the ground is still frozen solid from all the previous melts and freezes, but the water is melting off the roof and the snow creating nice little lakes and streams that I don't want to enter the basement. I have the sump pump ready at the door to set up quickly for the front sidewalk if necessary. Oh, I really do not like this time of year.   Yesterday on the CBC Show "Q"  I enjoyed a long conversation the host had with Randy Bachman. I really like to hear all his stories and so often references to Winnipeg that bring back memories. Pati, I am sure you will have a good time at his Show the end of March.  He is just releasing a new album called "By George, by Bachman" which highlights remakes of George Harrison songs (from the Beatles)
In meantime we are cooking turkeys. I have cleaned out the fridge into coolers best I can and for the next few days the fridge will be taken over by cooked turkey and gravy. I shall be so glad to see the end of it Saturday night (maybe toast it with a drink?)
Here it is Friday again and so I send best wishes to all for the weekend. Cathy you are on days off now so please enjoy - have you planned a trip or two , or are you watching that weather the same as all of us. Wouldn't be good to be on the road if a storm comes through.   Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment