Thursday, March 8, 2018

Home safely

I haven't done any more highway driving than out to Selkirk and back, in almost 20 years.  It was challenging and I was really tired when we got home.  Cathy heard our sad story Beth, but here it is.  As we were driving around the North perimeter, on our way to #1 West, the car kept fogging up and there was even frost on the side windows.  We remembered that there was a Chrysler dealer at Portage west and the Perimeter, and went in.  It took over an hour and almost $400, but they got it fixed and we were on our way again.  We arrived in Neepawa about an hour late, and the ladies, who were waiting to hang the show, had taken the time to go for a pleasant lunch.

The show was hung by about 3:00.  David and I went to check in at the motel, and then joined Cathy and Jim at the Legion while we waited for Keri to finish work.  Then we all went to the new Boston Pizza in Neepawa for a very nice supper.  After, while Keri went to choir practice, we went back to the Legion and played Joker Rummy, while Jim played the VLT's, until it was time to head to bed.

We've stayed at the motel before several times, but it's getting run down.  I'm sure glad neither of us needed a bath.  This morning we were up and on the road about 8:15, and home by about 10:30.  We relaxed, while I checked e-mail, then I had a nap and later we went out for supper.  The local buffet, that we often use, is, unfortunately, closing March 19.  When we asked we were told that it just wasn't financial viable, and they were planning to enlarge another restaurant in the same building to take up any slack.  We've eaten in the other restaurant, and find that the food is basic bar food--fast fry starch and sauce.  So, I'm not sure how that will play out.

In the mail today, was the bill for my credit card that I had used to hold the room at the motel, and sure enough, there was a$35.00 surcharge for going over the credit limit, when he screwed up the date and billed the room as "no show" a month early.  There was also a special letter from the water department asking us to read the water meter and call it in directly to the office, as there was a problem with the reading we had sent in just over a week ago.  Scary!  So we did it, and I asked if we might receive an unusual bill next time, but she assured me that the new reading I gave her was within normal limits, and not to worry.  Yeah, sure!  There was also a very nice birthday card from my sister.  Thank you sister.

And now, I can look forward to 5 days with nothing extra scheduled.  I feel as though I've been on the run for weeks, and hope I can relax a bit and calm down enough to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment