Monday, March 5, 2018

Snow came over night

I know we're all tired of it by this time of year.  But, I've mentioned in the past how pretty the back corner of the yard can be, in snow, and this morning is no exception.  The weight of snow bends the Nanking Cherry bush down and the whole image, with the Mock Orange behind it, is so-o-o relaxing and calming.

I've never been happy with the results in re-purposing my work.  I finished one yesterday, turning the piece into a table runner. I was curious about the technique used, as I had only flirted with it before.  It will be acceptable to put into the sale in early April, but not as any sort of exhibition piece.  There is enough of that piece left to do more, and I may.  Then there is one more piece scheduled to be re-purposed.  By destroying the others, I can't reverse my decision not to waste time on them.

My only worry for the rest of today will be how we can get the car out of the garage.

p.s.  David took a look at the Nanking Cherry, and expressed concern about how far the branches are bent--almost touching the ground. I hope than the bush isn't damaged.  It would be almost impossible to replace, not because they don't sell them, but because digging out the roots etc would be such a chore.  Nanking Cherry jelly is one of our special treats.


No comments:

Post a Comment