Saturday, March 31, 2018

Brrrr!

Funny how we perceive time.  Usually, as we get older, it seems to pass more quickly--but never when you're waiting for something.  I'm afraid spring may be a little longer, Beth.  We're in the middle of a cold spell, with bitter wind.  After two nights of not sleeping very well because I was so cold, I hauled out the duvet, and put it on the bed, without the cover that is such a pain to put on.  The last two nights I've been toasty and warm, despite the cold outside.  The furnace has also been coming on at night, something that hasn't been happening often over the past two weeks.

Thursday, we were to Stroke Prevention Clinic.  We only saw the neurologist, who told us that, with the sort of lesion that caused David's stroke, some healing is likely, but it may take several months.  So Good News.  However, on the way out we had a fight with a parking pay station that put a damper on the day.  Damn thing ate my credit card, and this resulted in a severe chastisement from the security guard, for putting it in the wrong way.

Yesterday we spent at home.  Not as much of a pleasure as you might think.  First thing in the morning, David ran into trouble with  the tv.  Nothing worked, so he called Shaw, who offered him a call back that never came. Then, he ran into trouble with his computer.  Shaw again.  So he was without both his computer and tv for most of the day.  Later in the day he managed to get into his computer, but the problem remained, even though he was able to over-ride it enough to play poker.  First thing this morning, before dressing or eating, he was onto Shaw again and got through.  Now everything is fixed and he can watch his Star Wars marathon for the rest of the day.

A short trip out this morning, to pick up his boots that have been re-heeled, and to drop off the other pair of boots for re-heeling.  But now we're in for the day, and probably for the rest of the weekend.

I've been very busy in the studio.  I've been really pushing it to have a couple of pieces and finished ready to go, so as to avoid deadlines. What I'm working on is giving me grief.  I know that most pieces reach a point when they look awful, and one's never sure they are going to work out.  The point when the whole darn thing gets thrown at a wall.  Not only have I hit that point, but the poor body mechanics of my sewing machine, are causing me pain, as they do when I've pushed myself too far.  So, I'm putting it aside for a few days, and working on an easy basic charity quilt.  Just mindless piecing.  And if I don't produce anything special for the sale next weekend, I can finalize my inventory, and get fully prepared to deliver the goods on Wednesday--probably a good idea.

p.s. My moment of joy today occurred when we were leaving the parking lot at the grocery store.  A couple were coming up the aisle, and the man appeared to be dancing, moving around in front of the  woman.  I have no idea what was going on, but they looked like an older couple, probably in their 40's or 50's.  Obviously a private moment. What a strange occurrence!

No comments:

Post a Comment