Thursday, April 26, 2018

Gotta love "pension" day!

We had a few errands on our to do list, as well as our regular shopping trip, but knowing we're going out for supper, we decided to just run the errands today, and grocery shop tomorrow.  To the bank to pay bills, and then I got my hair done, and that took far longer than I expected. Gas prices have been all over the place lately.  About $1.09/l, then today $128.9.  And we needed gas.  The biggest fill we've ever had to put in the car, as we had been waiting/hoping for a lower price.  Then on our way home it was down to $125.9/l.  We were all over the city. One place was out of the way, and we had a discussion about the best route to get there, keeping in mind what we had just paid for gas, got half way there and realized that the parcel we needed was sitting at home. Hit the bead store for more beading thread, then the tea store, where I bought enough tea to last until Christmas (Ouch-$$$).  Then back to the tea store in the mall for a few tins to store all the tea in.  We had been there earlier buying empty tea bags.  A stop at Home Depot for more 12" curtain rods, and finally to the library, where I wanted some help on some research.

By the time we got home we were both exhausted.  David took a nap, and I dealt with storing all of that tea, and catching up my cheque register.  Now we're both trying to relax a bit before heading out for supper.  The one positive thing was that I got my money for the boutique sales at the recent quilt show.  Now I don't feel to guilty about the trip to the bead store.

No comments:

Post a Comment