Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Out a bit

Yesterday was the meeting of my Tuesday Stitchery group.  The meeting was at my friend Susanne's house, out near Lockport.  Only three of us showed up, and Susanne suggested that we might want to visit the new-to-me quilt store in Lockport.  A very interesting place.  I had difficulty visualizing the renovation history of the building, but came to understand that, at one time, it was the entrance to a small resort that had been expropriated during the construction of the floodway.  A small property was left over, and sold privately, to be turned into a large home.  At one end there had been a swimming pool( not sure if this was before or after the re-construction), and later, the pool filled in, and that area is what is now the quilt shop.  The living area of the house is attached. Really, a nice shop with lots of high windows to fill it with natural, but indirect light.  I found several items, including the thread and machine needles that I've been mail ordering, and these were at a good price.  So, I spent more money.  Yes, it's been an expensive month for studio supplies, and something better sell soon.

Then, today, the fabric I ordered after the quilt show arrived.  One piece is intended for a large exhibition piece, but the other is just-for-fun, something I haven't done in years.  It turned out to be twice as big as I had thought, and I may have to re-think my plans.

Prior to the meeting yesterday, I had decided that I absolutely must do something with my hair.  About 9:20 am, I called the shop and spoke to my lady.  It was a very strange conversation, with her heavy accent, made worse by being over the phone, and a mis-understanding about who I was, but the result was; she  would do what she could for me, as long as I was finished by the time her 10:00 client arrived.  I was there by 9:30, and was walking out by 10:00, having received every service I had wanted. No sign of her 10:00 client though.

A bit of grocery shopping today, then more studio work.  I'm really on a roll down there, especially with my pretty new fabric to play with.  I even have a small project planned to try out the Apliquick tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment