Sunday, April 29, 2018

Interesting day yesterday


I spent most of the day playing Candy Crush.  I couldn’t seem to lose.  I did spend some time in the studio, and spent most of the evening watching tv, but at 9:00pm, when I played for a few minutes, I left with over 4 hours of infinite lives, and a whole bunch of  boosters, with lengthy lives.  I went up over 50 levels.  Not so lucky today though, only 4 levels, but I did help David pass a level he’d been stuck on for over a month.  More time in the studio, where I just played.  It may result in a charity quilt, but if not, so be it.

The people we hired to clean up the yard, showed up yesterday, and did an impressive job.  Of course, maybe they wanted to impress us, as we know they were actively looking for new customers.  There were three of them, and they brought their own equipment, then spent about an hour and half in our yard—all for $89.95 plus $5.00/bag of refuse.  We are very pleased, and would recommend them.  They would have preferred to get a monthly contract with us, and we’re talking about it as we’re not too thrilled with the people who are doing it now.  But the contract would be pricey. David is going to cut the grass himself this year, and we’ll see how that goes.

I got the money from the quilt show on Friday-more than I expected, so I took some of my scissors in to be sharpened.  I pick them up Tuesday, and if he does a good job, I have quite a few more that could be done.

It’s become obvious this week, that I’m as much allergic to coffee as I am to the caffeine. This is going to be quite an adjustment for me, as I tend to have a cup of something in my hand most of the day.  Did that when I was working as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment