Thursday, April 12, 2018

I'm worried

We don't often enough give ourselves permission to enjoy a small pleasure.  You may have been slapped in the face by life associated with this pleasure, but, you are no less worthy.  Don't let this happen!  You deserve every tiny bit of pleasure you've granted yourself.  Wallow in it.  Fondle the tools.  Think about them--just imagine-- tools for women made out of surgical quality stainless steel, and you have some!  Amazing! What a privilege to be part of this.  Mine are still in the package, and sitting on the kitchen table, where I can see them several times a day.  Waiting downstairs is a small wooden box, just the right size for them.  I meant to throw it away a couple of months ago, but fate intervened, and now it has a very special use.

A pleasurable meeting with my Fibre Art Divas group last evening.  I had not been looking forward to it, for some reason, but everything went well.  We did find out that one of the women has been diagnosed with breast cancer, but she has had surgery, and based on the results, may have to have radiation, or chemo, or both.  She is comfortable with her treatment and quite up beat.  Another lady brought her most recent piece.  Jaw dropping!  I so admire how this lady has developed, and grown since the group was formed.

Now I have to face the work waiting for me in the studio.  A pleasure for sure, but exhausting, in a very good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment