Saturday, April 14, 2018

Tomato soup

Tomato soup on toast?  Is that what Mom used to serve us.  She didn't dilute the condensed soup,(much), and added a bit of Lea and Perrins, and maybe some scraps of old cheese.  Called  it Welsh rarebit.  I still use something very like it as a sauce on a French meat roll. (sure haven't made on of those in awhile!) I think we even made something very like it in Home Ec class.  And wasn't that some time ago! 

The trouble with enjoying my studio, means that the basic housework piles up.  Today I get to deep clean the bathtub.  This was never that much of a chore before my knee surgery, and I used to do it much more often.  Now it's major chore and can be quite painful.  But it's gotta be done!  We have a stain on the bottom of the tub, left from the suction cup shower mat the previous owner used.  It seems to gradually attract dust/dirt until it becomes quite visible.  I've never been able to completely eradicate it, but yesterday thought of the Goo Gone, and think I might try it.  Yesterday I used my new basic Swiffer to clean the kitchen floor.  It came with samples of both dry and wet disposable clothes.  It did a pretty good job--much better, and easier than the old Swiffer--which is now in the studio for quick clean ups.  Of course, now they want me to buy a bunch of disposable clothes for the new one, which is slightly different in size than the old.  I'm going to try to use the old ones that I have stock-piled.  Here's hoping!

David and I are still sorting out new routines, since he  started using the upstairs bathroom.  With not having shared a bathroom for almost 30 years, we've both had to change habits, and this gets so much more difficult as we age.  A couple of "bumps in the road" yesterday, but we're learning to deal with it with humor.  Still- change is difficult.

I need to visit Fabricland today, and will see about a glue stick while I'm there.  Based on your experience, Beth,  I may open it in the store, in front of a clerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment