Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Inspite of weather, I'm still here...

Here I am after getting through the weekend. Still not nice out but better than the freezing rain and ice pellets. And the power stayed on so far and the heater in the greenhouse stayed on so far. What more does one want? haha!
I postponed my Luncheon with friend Sue for Wed and we rescheduled for May 2. I did not want us worrying about the highway and driving - she comes up from Bracebridge alone. Harry would have driven me but still I was not comfortable with it all. As it turns out we are going to Huntsville today anyway - have some reel to reel tapes to deliver to Harry's brother in law. And then to Kirkland lake Thursday. It all seems too much really. 
Besides working in the greenhouse yesterday, and getting things ready to take to Kirkland Lake Thursday, I have not accomplished much of anything else. It took me a good hour to clean off the greenhouses - uncover the blankets and then try to gingerly remove about 2 inch thick ice and slush from the precarious roof of the big greenhouse. That thing is not safe at all. The trusses Harry made last summer to repair it still lie out there in the snow. I do not know what will happen this summer but do not hold my hopes high.  The other day it took me two hours to clean the bird cages. A big clean includes changing all the paper and cleaning all the seeds up and changing the feeders and then vacuuming the floor- this is all done within the confines of our small bathroom. This time around though I had an accident with the Scentsy hot wax dish I have going in there - the top dish full of melted wax fell off and the wax spread across the counter and all over the portable telephone sitting there. Well, just imagine me having to clean the telephone as once the wax hit that, it hardened. All the little numbers and cracks covered - no easy task. This is when I think about humour to get me through.
Well time for my breakfast - spinach scramble this morning. And then on with the day. Hope all is well with you folks. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment