Wednesday, April 4, 2018

No snow here

but we still seem to be in a deep freeze--well below zero, and I'm, back to wearing my parka.  No relief predicted until into next week, but we are blessed at the lack of snow coming down.  Got the wind, though.  This seems to be the case right across the country.

Off to the CanadInn by Polo Park, today, to deliver my competition quilt and boutique items to the upcoming quilt show.  It opens Friday afternoon, and I'll be busy volunteering Friday from 3:00-7:00, then again Sunday from 1:00-3:00.  Sunday wasn't very well planned, as I have to be at the venue for 5:30 to pick everything up again.  It's been many years since I entered a competition quilt.  I don't expect first prize, but will be mortified if it doesn't win something.  On the other hand that might just serve me right for being arrogant.  I have high hopes for the boutique items I submitted, and again, will feel terrible if nothing sells.

But, I get to shop at the vendors!! Yay!!  The usual thread vendor will not be there this year, and I'm sure hoping that there will be someone else selling her brand of thread.  I'm not in a panic over it. I can always mail order from her, if I can't get what I want at the show, but the postage will really add to the cost.  The last two shows I saved, and saved, and then dropped about $300 at her booth.  But I somehow managed to use most of it.

Working on charity quilts the last couple of days.  These are the ones that David and I spent so many hours cutting pieces for, a few weeks ago.  I've run out of the sewing machine needles ai like to use for my thread painting, so don't want to proceed with the art pieces I've been working on lately.  Hope to find some needles at the show.

Supper finished, and off to the "salt mines" again.  Spending a lot of time down there these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment