Monday, May 27, 2019

Just one of those weekends

It was the fair weekend in Neepawa and we, of course, finally got some rain.  We got about 1/3 of an inch.  Neepawa got between 1/2 and 3/4  and some friends north of town got over 2 inches.  All within less than 10 miles. We went to the pancake breakfast on Saturday, and then back home for a couple of hours until the parade started. It was a bit of a disappointment.  1 Fire engine, 1 police car.  No antique tractors.  Only 2 big ones from Mayer Equipement and Enns brothers.  A couple of "floats" (trailers pulled by trucks) and only a few antique cars. For some reason a young lady (a developmently challenged client of Touchwood services) decided she knew me and ran over to sit with me.  She actually left another man all by himself on the other side of the road.  I knew who she was but I had never spoken to her.  She talked a mile a minute, and everytime someone came by with candy she called out and when they asked if she would like one, it was like having a giant back hoe reach down and take as much as possible.  Her pockets were loaded.  But she had a good time clapping and waving at everything.  We went down to the fair grounds and visited with all the small animals in the petting barn and Jim found some French Fries.  (The chip truck wasn't there)  The fries were okay, but the only condiments they had out were Catsup and Mustard.  No vinegars or salts.  They were still homemade fries so Jim was happy.  Then that night Jim got sick and we were at Hospital emergency by 5:30 am.  He was really hurting.  The on call doctor decided not to come back to check him out, but she did authorize some morphine for his pain.   Finally saw a doctor about 8:45.  She thinks it might be gall bladder or kidney stones and has ordered an ultrasound for as soon as possible.  Since Saturday all he has had to eat is a bowl of Lipton's chicken noodle soup and some 7-up.  Today we had to take the car to Brandon for some warranty repairs.  Our original plan was to do some shopping and go out for lunch.  That did not happen.  We got there at 10am. dropped off the car and walked over to Canadian Tire.  We got there, Jim sagged onto a stack of water filter salt bags, caught his breath and we walked back to the Dealership and sat in the waiting room.  The repairs will be an all day job  so we have to go back on Wednesday.  They will rent us a car while ours is in the shop but it still a waste of a day.  Jim drove both ways but flaked out the rest of the day.  We had a killer frost last night.  I covered all my plants, but I still lost 2 tomatoes and 2 peppers. I planted my flowers today, so I hope they live.  Also, on Sunday, after we got back from the hospital, Jim's sister Glenda, from BC called.  She could not get hold of their other sister Jean.  Her phone was always busy.  Jim tried and got the same busy signal, so Glenda asked him to go and check on Jean.  He got there and it was a problem with her phone.  She could call out, but could not receive calls.  She looked at Jim and told him to go home cause he looked like shit.  (she was right).  Also on Sunday Jim's goddaughter, Kellie, and her husband dropped in.  The had managed to locate a windshield for his quad, so while Kellie visited with Jim Tyler installed it for him.  Jim kept on dozing off while they were here so the left by about 8:30.  I put him to bed with the heating pad and then stayed up until about 11 so that I could let the dogs out.  I was pretty tired by then having been at the hospital so early.  I think I will be in bed early tonight though.  I had junk food for supper (tortilla chips with cheese and salsa :) ) but I wasn't going to cook for myself.  I am going to force Jim to eat something tomorrow.  I will offer fruit for breakfast and maybe some veggies for lunch.  He is supposed to avoid fatty foods until they figure out what is wrong with him.  And we even had A&W coupons for our lunch today 😢

No comments:

Post a Comment