Thursday, May 30, 2019

To Do Lists

Thursday today and I have been reminded by myself that the To Do List for today is far too long. Seems many tasks have been moved forward during the week and suddenly they have all landed on today. What to do??  Have another coffee and think about it, I guess...haha!
Early start yesterday to Mike's but accomplished a lot at his place related to the yard work Harry had planned. The grass was long and covered with dandelions and very wet from rain and morning dew. Our lawnmower had a good workout and the end result was satisfying although the work was demanding. Next week Harry expressed a desire to go to Mike's as usual on Wednesday, but then carry on to Costco in Sudbury. We'll see how that turns out. I still have some $ on that gift card I received with the car lease in Feb so it may be an idea to do some shopping there?  I just do not have a good enough handle on price comparisons so feel overwhelmed even entering that store. Am I too scheduled in my life? 
I spotted the growing rhubarb in the garden (some is really big now) yesterday and plan to make some jam this weekend - I always look forward to the first batch of Rhubarb/Pineapple jam each year. Do not make much in way of other preserves (as best as I can get away with it, that is!) but I do love my jam!
Horticultural Plant Sale is Saturday and we already got a call from one of the members ( we are not members) to see if we are donating tomato plants like we did last year. They made a good profit by seloling our plants last year - the plants were really an eye catcher. But his year we are so behind and the plants are not great but today Harry will sort through them all and see if any are worthy candidates to be donated. More work haha!
Time for that coffee and breakfast and then onward we go....take care folks and Pati have a safe trip tomorrow to Winkler. 
As an aside, today in Winnipeg starts the 50th Reunion of my Nursing Graduation - over past year so many messages have come my way ( I am on the distribution list) so I got caught up in the excitement even though I knew I could not attend. Three or four days of planned activities and apparently a good turnout of fellow classmates coming from all over the place ( one from Australia actually making the trip) We are the celebrated Jubillee Class for the Annual Alumni Dinner to be held on Friday at CanadInn. I will be thinking about it all and wondering "what if" I were there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment