Monday, May 13, 2019

Nanking Cherries

Our Nanking cherries are in rough shape as well.  I have to wonder if they have and short life span.  We have cut so many branches off one poor thing that it's starting to look like a broom stick.  But I've heard that one needs at least two trees for pollination.  It's beside the bird feeder, so the birds make good use of it. ( the squirrel as well)  I still remember last year when David went right into the heavily padlocked back yard of the grow-op next door and asked if he could pick the cherries that hung over the fence.  She was so shocked that she said yes.

We won't be having much of a garden.  We're finally down to perennials, except for the two or three plants we'll buy for the soil in the sink, out side.

Had a meeting in Selkirk this morning,  Headed out, and got just North of Hmy 44 , while on Hwy 59, When there was aloud pinging noise coming from the car.  This is the same pinging that one gets when the keys are in the ignition when the driver's door opens.  At the same time I lost my cruise control.  I pulled over and turned the car off, and the noise continued!!  There were no lights or any other indication on the dashboard.  I phoned David and he called the Gallery to let them know I wouldn't be there.  He had no idea what to do either, so I turned around and babied it home, without using the cruise control.  David took it out onto the highway and found nothing wrong.

Since I had a meeting in Lorette this afternoon, he went with me, CAA card in hand. It was a two hour meeting of the Lorette Free Craft Group, but there were only three of us there.  So he sat with us and read his book, while we chatted away, including a wee bit of malicious gossip.  (You really have to trust your friends to gossip maliciously with them).  This is the second meeting, and no-one else has shown up.  It's been an experiment by the three of us to see if we can form a craft group that might ultimately form the nucleus of a group of vendors for a craft sale in November.  Not sure if this is going to work.

The we spent the rest of the afternoon not doing much.  David did a bit of watering in the garden, while I sate on the patio and read a book.  The first really nice day of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment