Saturday, May 18, 2019

Not surprising....

....especially since the implications of the "weather" consumes my life. Froze here last night as well. Takes at least two hours to cover up at night, and then again another two hours in the morning to uncover and the sheets have to be hung up on the fences to dry and then folded to be put away. I do have a routine though, and know how to cover, with the necessary preparations having already been done during the day - such as wood stakes or tomato rings set up. Its the doing and the undoing that takes it toll on me so I have to compensate by keeping a good frame of mind and talking to myself and having the dog out with me 'to help" haha!
I was out working this morning when I heard my name called from over the fence -there was neighbour Ruth working next door at her sisters yard ( the Dutch couple). Of course she gave me a tongue lashing for not coming over to her house for a visit and coffee - she says "you go by at least two times a day or sometimes three with the dog and you don't even drop in" She must watch me from her window???  
We had a BBQ for lunch today (lunch and supper all rolled into one!) Harry was instrumental in suggesting it so I told him to go ahead - get the BBQ ready for the first cooking of the year, and connect the propane tank, and buy some food and go to it. So he did, but as you know it is never a one man show around here haha! And we had hamburgers, and then strawberry shortcakes for dessert.
So I must get back to work I guess. Thank goodness no covering up for next foreseeable future (for three or four days anyway) but rain coming in tonight - so I must set up the drain pipes to divert the water from going into the barrels as they are full and only overflow and drain down to the front and then I have to pump! Talk about "weather" consuming one's life?
Hope all is well. And it is May 24 isn't it but you sure cannot tell with only 8 degrees outside and overcast. But last night I was able to see very clearly the Full Blue Moon - it was brilliant and shone on through the bedroom window so I could not miss it. It was a sight to be sure. I did however miss the Northern Lights that were to be so visible the previous last few nights - did you folks get to see them?  Take care 

No comments:

Post a Comment