Thursday, May 16, 2019

No rain here as forecast

Sitting at the computer looking out the window and I see clear blue skies and sun shining in - beckoning me outdoors to sit with a coffee - only problem is that it is minus 2 feeling like minus 4 degrees right now. I think I'll stay in and sip at my cup of brew and write to you folks haha! And yes, I spent a goodly part of time covering up for last night. It took longer than usual because the wind was whipping around the sheets and otherwise causing me grief, and because Harry had been out planting more tomatoes during the day which meant more to cover. Now I have the pleasure of removing said sheets and trying to dry them - hoping that the tomatoes survived. When I took the dog out for his nightly trip before bed, I noticed that I had missed the newly planted dahlias at the front so quickly grabbed more sheets and covered them - it would have been a shame to have missed them as they are newly purchased and look so fresh and healthy. Up to this year we have dug up and wintered the bulbs and finally what we had were good no more. So I am truly looking forward to these new colourful flowers. We were to get a thunderstorm and rain but that did not materialize.
So hoping that rain did materialize for you Cathy - I have been telling the clouds looming over head here the last few days to move on over to the West, but then the weather systems seem to move West to East don't they??
I had to phone the Library to renew my book as it was due and I was not nearly finished (Kate Morton The Distant Hours) so now have another two weeks - I do not seem to have the time or energy to read much before bed so found myself behind. NO resolution yet to the dilemma of ordering books from other Libraries here in Ontario so I am stuck with what they have.  I have been going on line looking to purchase Book Plates as a gift for Mike for all his newly purchased texts, but without luck. I went into Coles the other day and they do not have any and neither did Chapters on line nor Amazon. I am thinking maybe they are a thing of the past? I have two little boxes - one with an owl and one box that you gave me Pati  and I still use them on my treasured books. 
Time to start the day I believe today is "clean the bird cages " day yippee!  Take care - it is so good to log on and see your musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment