Friday, May 24, 2019

Wasn't summer nice?

Appears to be over now.  A cold, off and on rainy day.  I sure hope you're getting some of this Cathy.  David says that the maps on the weather channel show it in your area, but you've said that you can sometimes see rain all around your place, and never get a drop.

Laundry day today.  Without the furnace going, things take much longer to dry, than they did during the winter.  Most of my clothes need to be hung to dry or laid flat to dry, something I've become used to. But, while doing the laundry, I can justify spending time in the studio,  The chore I've been dreading for days--the thread painting on my Tree of Life--was really bothering me.  I mentioned that I had  shown it to my fibre art friends, and that they said I was on the right track, so I sat down and did it today.  I had thought for sure that it would take me several days to do, but it went much faster than that.  I've now rinsed out the wash away stabilizer, and it, too, is drying in the basement.

Tomorrow, I have a four hour workshop on the business of textile art.  I think I may have mentioned this before, as well.  It starts at 11:00, and we have a 1/2 hour talk on applying for grants, then a 1/2 hour's discussion about this while eating lunch.  We have all been told to make sure to take a bag lunch.  After that there will be 3 hours of "writing to support a textile art".  I really wish the time spent with the writing and info about grants were reversed.  It was the grant stuff that I signed up for.

Sunday is the ATC group, but after two attempts to make the little suckers, I wrote them and said that while I would be joining them, I wouldn't be trading.  Monday is free, but Tuesday I have a critique session with the same lady, so I better "butter her up" tomorrow.
Wednesday morning David has a doctor's appointment, at 8:30, and I have the AGM of the gallery in Selkirk in the evening.  Thursday is free, but Friday I have a show hanging in Winkler.  It's my job to get the show itself to Winkler, and it's presently in Manitou.  I can't run out and get it, as this is the lady whose grandson was in the serious motorcycle accident last week, and she said that she would let me know when I could drive out there.  I sure hope convenient for her is the same as convenient for me!  It would be even nicer if she would find herself able to drop the show off at the gallery some time during the week, as she only lives 20 miles away.

Otherwise, we are still relaxing and having down time.  The house is starting to show it, but I'm ignoring it.  Now for a few minutes with my book, and off to bed.  Sleep well tonight ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment