Thursday, May 23, 2019

Nice night temps are great...

What a relief to have temps at night where one does not have to worry a bit about freezing - hope it lasts forever haha! A bit of some rain along with a thunderstorm but that's nothing we cannot handle.
A trip to Mike's yesterday to check on things while he is away. The cats were being cautious and except for the one I had to go looking for the other two. Finally found the last one hiding under the chesterfield in the rec room but not before I was starting to worry. Mike had wanted me to give them loves but that was obviously not going to happen. Enough that I gave them food and water and changed their litter box - enough for our first cat sitting visit anyway!
But we also worked in the yard and Harry diligently weeded and refurbished a neglected flower garden along the front of the house and planted with marigolds etc - looks nice now. And we dug up another squared wood framed plot at the side that always got in the way of Mike mowing the lawn - it was leveled and weeded and planted with grass seed. But there was a huge clump of well established rhubarb that we dug up and brought home. I quickly found a spot beside my other patch and transplanted them - this morning they look OK - at least not all wilty so hopefully they will take nicely.
Mike had left a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and a bag of licorice all sorts for me as a Mother's Day gift so he said. Beautiful arrangement of roses, and daisy and a green flower I do not know - I hope it will last for some time.  I know the candies will NOT!
So on with another day - apparently we are going to North Bay today as Harry wants to go to the Magic Dollar Liquidations Store - a friend from Sundridge owns it and Harry has shopped at her home store for years (quasi garage sale set up ) and now she has an actual store in North Bay. 
Have a good day everyone...it is so wonderful to look out and see green and fresh and not that snow / cold that plagued me all winter. It feels so good, and so good for one's soul! XX

No comments:

Post a Comment