Friday, May 24, 2019

Short changing ourselves?

We should all appreciate just exactly what we, each of us, does during the days of our lives and not think that we are any more or any less achieving greatness. Pati I know what shoveling gravel/sand is like - I go out onto the road every Spring and fill boxes with the stuff so to have it handy for the Winter, and I take the rake and heavy push broom out to the front driveway and do the same after the little sweeper machine has come down our street. I try to push it all back onto the driveway and then later on I rake all the gravel up the driveway from the road to try to level the driveway. The pumping of water and downfall of rain tends to move the gravel towards the roadway so I try to bring it back. So it was no easy job for you to do what you did! 
I love Pickled Gizzards (Cathy are you onto her blog yet?) I have my usual process every morning to check out all the blogs that I have bookmarked  - it is my little routine. And so I also check Last Homely House every day as well. I start with McGrathPaBeCat, then Mouse Factory and then WFP, and then Weather, and then on down the line until I've covered them all.
I mentioned that bolt of red fabric that Harry got at a sale for $1.00 a while back. I decided to make a fabric shopping bag following with what Pati described doing last week. I still have a "well loved and used" bag from Pati with little green trees on the front so I layed it out and measured the dimensions and plotted a plan to make paper pattern and what I would embellish on the front etc and basically got myself all excited with the prospects of doing so. Yesterday I slipped into Fabricland while Harry went into his Magic Dollar Store, and had three spools of red thread in my hand to buy - one of the attending workers passed by and said off handily "the good thread is over there by the window - that's just some exhibit thread" and walked away as fast as she had come. All of a sudden I lost my confidence and left the thread, and walked out of the store.  Crazy feeling and probably a stupid thing to do but nevertheless that is what I did!!  Then last night i watched the latest Last Homely House video and didn't she demonstrate making a grocery bag! I had a good laugh at the coincidence of it all and resolved to carry on with my original plan. And besides, I already  have some red thread here at home that I can use.
I better sign off for now before you both fall asleep at my ramblings. It's Friday is it feels good and I hope you both also feel good! ps I take the car into the garage this afternoon to change the tires and get an oil change - I will stop by the Library on my way and take out another book to read while I wait!  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment