Thursday, May 23, 2019

Pickled Gizzards

There is a new post on the Pickled Gizzards site today.  Gosh, I wish we could follow that one!  She doesn't post often, but it's always worth reading, when she does.  I subscribed to Last Homely House (it's free!) so don't have to check that every day--but I do.

I'm stalled out on my Circle of Life piece, and took it to my fibre art support group meeting last night.  They said that I'm on the right track and to carry on.  Can't do that today, as I need some ATC's for Sunday.

David and I had a pretty lazy day yesterday.  We went out in the afternoon, and he dropped me off for coffee while he went to the bank and bought a lottery ticket.  Then I read about all that you've accomplished, Beth, and feel like a real slackard, or maybe someone who is may be missing the point?  David even cooked supper for us--his special fried rice, using the leftover white rice from the Chinese food we ate the other day.

One thing we did accomplish was filling all the holes between the driveway bricks with sand-in the rain.  David didn't want to leave the holes that were left after we got rid of the grass and moss with the pressure washer, the night before.  He spread the sand, and both of us pushed it into the holes with old brooms.  Then the left over sand had to be put back into the 5-gallon pail it came out of. So, with him manning the stable broom, and with my bad back and titanium knees, I got to shovel sand back into a bucket.  Great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment