Wednesday, October 16, 2019

A strangely lucrative day

Tuesday was a busy day with a lengthy meeting out in Selkirk.  I had been out of sorts over the weekend culminating  with spending most of most of Monday sleeping.  After having been in a fog for almost three days, my brain suddenly cleared Monday evening.  Thank Goodness, as I really wanted to be at the meeting Tuesday, but had been considering sending regrets.

This morning we received our monthly bank statement, and discovered how my debit card had been used while out of my hands.  Every purchase just under the limit for using the tap feature, with a small purchase first, just to check things out, and then multiple purchases at mainly second hand stores and 7-11.  I was reconciled to this, but David wondered if there was any sort of theft insurance feature, similar to the ones on credit cards.  So he went into check.  Sure enough, there is theft insurance on debit cards.  I had to go into the credit union, and sign a couple of forms, and am now expecting the money to appear in my checking account within a couple of weeks.

Otherwise we are just putting in time waiting for me to feel better and worrying about David, who starts preparation tomorrow, for a colonoscopy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment