Friday, October 4, 2019

Shoes

The meeting went well.  A couple of other old time members sat with me, and we chatted non-stop during breaks.  I got so involved that I didn't realize until later in bed that I had my back to my friend who drove for awhile.  Rude!

Today we went out for coffee, and stopped first at the show store in one of the little malls nearby.  This is a second location for the large downtown specialty store where I also get my custom elastic stockings and show insert orthotics.  I showed the clerk my shoes ans told him I wanted a new pair.  Then he told me that I had been using the first edition of that shoe and they were now up to edition #3.  I guess it's been awhile. But with a sole that is loose and catching on things while I walk, it was time.  We bought them--almost exactly the same shoe as I've been wearing for the last 15-20 years.  I need a deep "toe box" to accommodate my orthotics.  I have two pair exactly the same, one to wear indoors and one to wear out--winter and summer.  I move the orthotics every time I change locations, i.e. 2-3 times a day.  But--0h my--how much better the fit is in my new shoes.  The fellow told me the old pair were very stretched out.  I didn't want to tell him how often they had been wet.

Today we had a Merlin by the feeder.  I had never heard of a Merlin before, but found him in my bird book.  A type of Falcon, so I'm guessing he wasn't there for the sunflower seeds. Obviously a bird of prey, hooked beak and all.

No plans for Thanksgiving, but David has expressed an interest in going out, as there will just be two of us, and he doesn't want to cook a turkey.  ( we have one in the freezer that desperately needs cooking)  A hotel buffet near us is open, so I'm thinking of making a reservation.  Loren will be in Europe ( Spain I think).  Doubt he'll find a turkey dinner there.

No comments:

Post a Comment