Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Darn Weather!

Today my drive was out to St. Claude and a little further beyond.  Going out there were a few terrible traffic tie-ups to deal with.  It took me about an hour to get from Regent and Lagimodiere to Oak Bluff via Bishop Grandin and McGillvary.  Then another hour to get out to St Claude. Coming home it was raining.  Actually a cold persistent drizzle.  This meant poor vision on the highway and lots of water thrown up by big trucks.  To complicate things, there was a viscious North wind.  I could barely get out of the car because it kept blowing the door closed.  Talk about bare knuckle driving.  Once I hit the city coming home it was bumper to bumper at about 5km/hour.  Whenever you came to an intersection it was bumper to bumper in all directions. The roads I was on had speed limits of 60-80- km/hour, but I didn't get over 50 km until I was 3/4 of the way across the city, and that was only for about 2 km.

I'm not used to this and the first thing I asked for when I got home was a glass of wine, which I enjoyed with the Chinese food we got in for supper.  A good night to stay home.  It is truly miserable out there.

But over all the trip was worth while.  I got together with my fibre art support group The Fibre art Divas, for our regular monthly meeting.  These meetings are always wonderful, as each member speaks about what she has been doing over the month, and usually has some sort of sample to show us.  Since we are such a diverse  group one never knows what to expect.

Poor David held the fort while I was away and was able to spend the whole day watching old westerns.  He was quite willing to walk over for the Chinese food, just to stretch his legs after this day of binge watching.  But one of the reasons we got the Chinese food (which will likely feed us for three days) was that the fridge is bare, as I've been just too busy, or lazy, to organize a grocery shopping trip.  We'll certainly have to do it tomorrow, as some quite nasty, snowy weather is forecast for the next few days, and one never wants to be found short of food when this sort of thing is predicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment