Monday, October 28, 2019

Too Early!

Our day started with the alarm at 5:30, giving us an hour to get up, dressed and into the doctor's office.  Then for lab work.  Then to renew my handicap parking permit.  A quick breakfast at Tom's. ( I had oatmeal and it was go-o-d).  Then to Walmart to drop off prescriptions, but a quick detour to buy a new toaster oven.  

The doctor spoke to us about David's application to DVA.  All of the forms have been sent, and he wanted to be paid.  So David called DVA after we got home.  They said that the doctor should be paid within a few weeks, but no decision will be made on David's application for about 50 weeks.  Not a typo!

On the way home we stopped at Pennington's.  I have been looking for a coat, as opposed to a jacket for almost two years, and had received an e-mail saying that they had a one day sale on coats.  There were lots of coats, including a "winter white' one that looked wonderful but would be an absolutely stupid purchase for anyone.  The problem was that one size was to small and the next size too big. Finally David pointed out some coats that I had never considered.  I tried one on and it fit!  We bought it!  The price was certainly right.  So right that even if I only wear it for one season, I'll be happy.  I know that animal prints are"in" this year.  It feels so good  

I get so tired wearing the same parka year after year.  I know that living in "Winter-peg", parkas and Sorrells (sp) are a necessity, but sometimes I want to feel like a woman, even a "lady".



No comments:

Post a Comment