Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Mid week and all is well???

Guessing that by now we have all had time to reflect on the election results? The Conservative candidate won in our riding - a new fellow to the position, as the last incumbent did not run. Now we wait and see what will develop......
Shopping yesterday in the rain - it was not a nice day and later on in the evening we had thunder but nothing really came of that storm. There are suggestions of flurries over the coming weekend.. I could do without those, thank you. And I just received a message from our power Company that there will be a planned outage this coming Sunday from 7 am to noon. I better be sure to get my coffee early that morning haha!
Today I shall take stock of unfinished chores piling up, and then tomorrow I shall drive to Huntsville again on my own to meet up with the other four gals for our Luncheon. Mind you, I have already been asked by Harry to pick up a bale of straw while there - we need more to cover the garlic for over winter.
I have the third book in the Rockton Series now and started it last night. And the fourth is on order for me. I like the fact that these ordered books come with an extended due date - this one is not due until Nov 25 - this gives me the time required to read through them as I very slowly make my way by reading a few chapters each night before lights out. Otherwise I do not read at any other time during the day - just not something I can do.
I watched The Quilt Show latest current show offering last evening and I enjoyed it just for the sitting and enjoying time. It was light and fun and I guess allowed me enough 'down time" to settle me for the night?  I still have a The Last House latest show to watch but i am in no hurry to do that. She is all about the new baby these days which is exciting for her, I guess.
I bought some bagels yesterday for my breakfast treat so off I go to enjoy that now. I thought I had some cream cheese in the fridge but not seeing it, i'll use something else - maybe jam or peanut butter, or better still, some Bovril. Cathy did you ever buy yourself a jar of Bovril??   Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment