Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Flash...Boom...

Sitting here early with my coffee and all I can hear is boom boom boom rattle - thunder and lightening storm rolling in. It has rained all night but I guess we now get the real "show" And as I hear it, I wonder how you folks are managing with the remains of that terrible blizzard?
Yesterday was shopping in Huntsville and again my hopes were dashed as the new Starbucks is NOT open yet. But there is progress as three big trucks were parked and delivering something so I imagined it was the furniture or maybe the kitchen equipment? More waiting I guess! There is that great feeling of anticipation playing games with me again haha!
I slipped over to the neighbours Ruth and Gerd when we got home as she had called to offer us some red and green cabbage from their garden. I sat and had a tea with them as they finished a tile game - do not know name but I have seen it often - I think we have a game as a matter of fact. Coloured tiles and you have to lay down same kind, or runs and can use jokers and play off the others hand as well.  I am sure one of you would know what I mean as I can not think of the name right now? But it was nice to have this break. I really must go over more often as she was in a mood and crying (when he went to pick the cabbage from the garden) and seemed to be thankful to have me there to listen.  
Now Harry has a large bag of beets he wants to pickle, and now this cabbage that he wants to make into saurerkraut. I better get the equipment up and ready for the process. In meantime, received a reminder message from friend Sue about my Luncheon with the ladies for next Thursday Oct 24 - I look forward to this!
Time for some breakfast and then on with it ...take care

No comments:

Post a Comment