Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Strange day

Yesterday I woke up to no Google Chrome, and therefore no internet.  This meant that I couldn't wish Beth a Happy Anniversary.  But a quick phone call took care of that.  This morning, there it was on my computer.  I have no idea what might have happened.  I certainly tried everything I could think of to get it back to no avail. First thing on my "to do" list this morning was to call the Geek Squad for help, since we're paying for that service.  No excuse to do that now.

For the past few weeks I've been procrastinating in preparing a presentation I have to give in mid-December.  I need AV for the presentation and have been having no luck finding someone from the organization to guide me through what form my pictures will have to take, or what sort of equipment they can provide.  I have been told that there will be something, but that my contact with the organization hasn't sorted what that is yet.  She told me to just get the photos ready.  Well, I can't put it off any longer.  I will sort out the photos and put them on a USB stick in the order I need them.  

What has got me finally going is a task I've taken on out in Selkirk.  I hope to be able to do most of it at home using, my computer and e-mail.  We've had a couple of long Board Development sessions lately, with another one pending.  Now we have to put what we learned into action. I will have to prepare some sort of working documentation to support this process.  Cathy you were once on a arts centre board, and I know Keri is involved as well.  You will have an idea of what I'm facing.  But I have an involved Board, and hope to have the support, from that direction, that I will need.  Any suggestions, or helpful hints?

First step is to read the material we've been provided.  Then sort it into more specific topics, and finally prepare some sort of synopsis of the information.  Finally there will have to be an task list, which I hope to have by about March.

But first I need a shower, and to tidy up the kitchen.  I've got my priorities!


No comments:

Post a Comment