Friday, October 4, 2019

How was your meeting Pati?

We often make more out of a situation than it deserves as you mentioned, but I also know how you feel because I am the same way. Gosh, sometimes I cringe when I have to pass someone else on the street haha!  Perhaps my social skills have been lost or, I just do not get out enough anymore???
Not nice outside at all so it has been inside work for last few days. Yesterday Harry decided he was going to make a batch of relish - just out of the blue - although to be honest he has been talking about it for a while. He went to the fresh veg stand on the highway and came home with all the ingredients but as is the way of things, i was then responsible for getting it all organized inspite of the fact that I already had started to do some tasks downstairs. So jars up, sterilized, ingredients piled on the counter, room made on the stove and counter and away we went. But we now have a dozen or so jars of colourful relish - he likes it but I am likely not to be eating much. 
I am trying to make room in the downstairs freezer for a big turkey that we have to pick up from an old army friend of Mike's and take to Mike when we go for Thanksgiving. This friend lives not too far up the highway and we have bought turkeys from him before - actually Harry has also bought veg from him at the market in South River over the summer as well. ( this friend has started a family farm raising fowl and growing veg etc) But Harry prefers for us to buy our own turkey and cook it off before going to Mikes on the Sunday of next weekend. Hence the need for room to store the turkey Mike ordered from his friend thinking we would use it for our dinner together. Boy life can get complicated can't it???
Reading again as I now have the first book in the Rockton series by Kelley Armstrong that you recommended Pati to be read in sequence. I have book one and two here at home so as soon as I am through them, I will have to order the next two if I choose to continue the series. I am so glad that we have the option again to order books - opens my world to new and recommended books that are not in our little local Library. And I am so glad that I am back to reading again before bed - I missed this time to settle down and enjoy the adventures.
Well, as with all my early mornings, and quiet, it is time for some grub, and then on with the day. Have a good weekend folks. 
ps In Huntsville they have built a new Canadian Tire gas station - across the street from the previous station that was small and next to the store. It has been under construction for some time now and I was noticing an adjacent building on the same lot being erected that resembled a coffee shop - Tin Hortons style. Sure enough on Tuesday when we went by there was a new sign Coming Soon with the iconic green picture of the Starbucks brand. i got all excited thinking maybe i could frequent this store - we go every week afterall. And i could get a 'card" and I could write about my experiences going in there. Who knows??? Maybe???

No comments:

Post a Comment