Friday, October 25, 2019

and Good Evening, from Winnipeg

Very busy with the paperwork from Selkirk, and David is being helpful picking up a bit of the slack on the home front.  Today, my friend Gail called and suggested coffee.  This is her busiest time of year, and, while she posts a bit on Facebook, she usually doesn't have a spare moment for socializing. So I really wanted to see her.  But her time was limited, so David went grocery shopping, while I was finishing the wash and trying to organize my paperwork.  By the time the dust settled, it was supper time, we had a counter full of meat, and really no time to cook it.  So supper was salmon sandwiches, and I spent the evening putting away 3 meals of Rouladen, a casserole for tomorrow, and the makings for a beef strip supper for Monday.  I have to say that it feels good to have that under control.  Planning meals is a daily chore around here, and chore is the correct word.  "Nuff said".

So, now David is watching his football game.  It sounds like a good one from where I'm sitting.  I played a couple of poker tournaments, and finished in the (play) money in one, so my stack is up for the day.  Now for a glass of wine, and a good book--"Willing to Die" by Lisa Jackson, the latest in  her Pescoli/ Alvarez series--one  I've followed for years.

Tomorrow it's more paperwork, and hopefully, a bit of sewing. Plus another trip to Starbucks, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment