Sunday, October 20, 2019

Another Quiet Day

But maybe just the calm in the eye of the hurricane.  Last week was H--- on Wheels.  We were both busy with a variety of things--meetings, medical appointments etc.  Tomorrow I have two back-to-back meetings in Selkirk that will last from 10:00 to 4:00.  Lunch, I suspect, will be taken on the run.  But after that, there will be time to relax before the following week, which is going to be frantic once more.

By saying that today is quiet, I mean the weather as well.  There is no wind.  Not even a little bit--as far as I can see looking at the trees.  We seem to have had strong winds for weeks now.  Today it's almost creepy!  The rose bush is still valiantly blooming.  The colours are wonderful, and, finally, the streets are dry.  There were some massive puddles, from the storm, that took days to drain.  The floodway is full, as is the river.  I've never seen the river so high this time of year.  I have to wonder what this bodes for spring run off next year.

With the meetings tomorrow, we'll have to vote in the evening.  We try to avoid this, especially in the after work slot, which is always so very busy.  I find myself just wishing that all of this nastiness was over.  I am quite dis-disillusioned about politics in general, and find myself trying to figure out which party appears to be the least offensive to my beliefs.  I hope that people don't choose to stay home and not vote just because of difficulty in finding anything positive in this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment