Thursday, January 14, 2021

A day

 I’m not sure how it happened but another day has quickly passed without me doing anything! We had snow and freezing rain last night and today, so we weren’t interested in going anywhere. Fortunately we were on the edge of the storm and got off pretty easy.  Lucky was fascinated by the snow. He was leaping up trying to catch the snow as it fell. He looked so excited! I will have to shovel again tomorrow ☹️. I cooked ribs in the oven for supper. Not Daddy’s recipe. Just slow cooked the ribs, wrapped in tinfoil, for about 3 hours at 200F. I used a bbq sauce on them but it didn’t add flavour like plum sauce does. They were very tender anyway. Unfortunately, as I went to stir the rice and turn down the temperature, it boiled up and got my finger. Made doing the dishes a bit painful! Tomorrow will be a trip to town for the mail and some mushrooms for fried rice ( I prefer fresh over canned unless it is soup or something that cooks for a while). And then we veg again for a while. Already took the garbage and recycling out so there is no hot date in my near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment