Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Back again

 Sorry to be absent over the weekend, but I'm afraid I've been under the weather. Not a good feeling, and I have a hunch I've been fighting it for the last week.  I'm still not feeling too good and just wander around like the ghost at the wedding. I have to wonder if I'm accepting my limitations or if there is nothing going on that is worth my energy to sit up and take notice.  I have been napping, and it sure does help.

Today we had to take David in to have his hearing aids checked.  The appointment was for 9:15, and that is just too early for human beings to be up and around.  We just got up and left, and then stopped at Tim Horton's, for breakfast, on our way home.  I've been having the oatmeal there for the past few months and feeling very righteous about it, but if I tell the truth th3e Maple Sugar flakes that come with it, are too much for Dr. Phil's diet.  Still, I think it's better than anything else on the menu. David then dropped me off at home, and headed back out to see if he can find the little gadget that they recommended to help keep his hearing aid in his ear, so I have a few minutes to myself.  Feels strange to be alone in the house, after 3 months of quarantine.

I have zoom meetings the next two mornings, 9:00 tomorrow for my regular, sketching group meeting and 8:00 Thursday.  I don't know how I'm going to deal with this, but I guess we're going to have to figure out how our alarms work in our clocks.  That's been a puzzle ever since we bought the darn things, but I have to admit that they work better than the old ones, so I just count my blessings.  David must have had quite a time turning his off this morning, as when I checked it, I found that he had set it to ring at midnight and again at 8:00 tomorrow.  Thursday's zoom is the first formal meeting of the workshop group I signed up for, that started operating yesterday.  She posted a short video of welcome, and we have had our supply lists for some time.  (I think I have everything, but one item has yet to be delivered.)  There is a closed group on Facebook where we have all signed in and posted a short introduction for ourselves, and where we can chat.  I'm almost intimidated with the talent I'm seeing, and the well-known names I recognize.  I now know that it is basically a book making class, but with an emphasis on using fabric in the books we make.  O-k-a-a-a-y.  I can live with that, but maybe I'm also going to find a challenge in the class, which would be nice for a change.

I've finished my Tim's coffee and can feel the caffeine affecting my balance, so may it's time to lay down awhile.  Be safe ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment