Thursday, January 7, 2021

I'm still here as well...

 Where else could we go - maybe a Caribbean holiday, or maybe to Hawaii? Certainly not down to the States - that would be a very poor decision in the midst of what we hear on the news!

The weather is also a bit crazy and will be over the next few weeks apparently. Mild for a January and I see dripping off the eaves and worry again about the roof and what might be instore. At this point there is not much I can do so I just observe and as i said, worry.

Most of my days are caught up with looking after the animals - especially the little kittens that are not so little any more and who give me a laugh most of the time, but also annoy me when they want to jump up onto the bird cages. I have the cages mostly cordoned off but the cats can still work around that. There is another bird couple breeding and so far two eggs so I am watching them closely to observe their behaviour and if they are sitting on the eggs. In the other cage the one egg left after that catastrophe with the cats has now been destroyed by the birds but yet the Mother still stays in the nesting cage - this bothers me. I have to call the VET today to schedule the last of the cats to be fixed - a female so the surgery is different and also more expensive.  But January is full of the obligations related to Harry's cataract Surgeries Jan 12 and Jan 26 with need to give the many prescribed drops and the need to drive him to Hospital in North Bay and to the office in North Bay the next day both times. I so hope this will be successful as his vision is very poor. And then i so hope that my referral appointment will be set and then i can go through the same procedures. So far we have not heard from Surgeon office that anything postponed related to the lockdown but that, too, may come.

My time is over early in the morning so I must get on with the day. First thing is to cage in the birds and then let the roaring lions out to wonder the halls (haha!) And make another coffee for me! 

Hope all is well. Not liking your messages about feeling low Pati, so hope you are bouncing back??? And hoping Cathy that that little four legged bundle of white of yours is behaving! Take care 


No comments:

Post a Comment