Tuesday, January 12, 2021

One eye done...

 And so it begins and I have my fingers crossed the cataract surgery for Harry will go smoothly without incident. Of course i could not go into the Hospital with him and had to leave him at the door of the Hospital in North Bay under the direction of the "door monitor" dressed in full PPE  So I sat in the car in the parking lot and waited. i got a call to drive up to pick him up at the door about an hour and half later. Of course first, I had to go into the hospital to pay the parking charge. That was a whole new experience in itself just to get out of the parking lot to pull up to the hospital doors requiring me and a few other folks to get the help of the security officer stationed at the door to figure out how to use the machine. So much to trying to maintain social distancing etc etc.. "Nuf said" as Pati so nicely puts it.

Anyway we are on our way now and i expect the next 8 weeks of daily drops for this first eye and then the second eye  to be full of joy and laughter!!!! We have to be at the Dr office tomorrow morning at 8 am in North Bay for his checkup. I am doing the driving!

I called my friend Sue on the telephone this afternoon and had a wonderful talk with her - i needed to hear a friendly voice and since I had trouble responding to her last two emails ( procrastination or lack of incentive or something I guess) I thought a phone call was just the answer - and it was!

Now time to feed the animals and think about settling down for the night - have one more set of three drops to give Harry before bed and then maybe some reading for me?  Hope all is well. Ontario is now in state of emergency with more intense lockdowns and closures for another month. This may never end - what do you think?  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment