Saturday, January 2, 2021

Into the New Year we go....

 Funny, though, it sort of feels the same??? I loved the messages you sent Cathy, and the list of 12 Covid remarks struck a chord, and I laughed out loud especially the one about ..does anyone know if we can shower yet or should we still just be washing our hands.

I treated myself to a real nice meal yesterday. I made a delicious Shepherds pie with the last of the prime rib roast, and baked some mincemeat tarts with the last of the jar of mincemeat i used at Christmas. Then, I purposely took two of the cooked tarts, heated them on a plate and then put ice cream on and devoured them. I remembered this fondly from days past. Oh, and I had a goblet of wine to wash it all down. Wonderful!

I am in process of putting away all the Christmas decorations I had up including my little laser light three foot tree - I shall miss my ritual of getting up early and turning on these lights during the holidays but I am sure I can find other interesting rituals to continue on with the days and weeks to come.  I must also try to get out and shovel around the yard, and must try to clean off a bit of the roof. it is melting a bit with days temps just below freezing and we have water dripping off the eaves and creating ice patches on the sidewalk. i had to put sand down for fear Harry would not see the ice and fall. ( me as well as with the two dogs they pull me quickly out of the house). We may be going shopping this coming week and I think i will stay in the car if Harry can manage but expect that I will also have to go into the stores. I do not know what the setup will be in Huntsville at Walmart or Freshco since the lockdown came into effect as we have not being there since before Christmas.

Well, here starts the day as everyone is now up so i better get at it!! Take care and be safe....

No comments:

Post a Comment